This is some of the Stuff we need… your trash could be our Treasure!
Urban Paradise Guild is made up of Volunteer Staff and Volunteers, and we work really hard (5x or more per WEEK!) to make the world a better place. UPG has grants that allow us to purchase tools and build nurseries, but there are many gaps that need to be filled.
UPG has Partners who are sharing space:
2.5 acres for Amelia, serving Hialeah, Opa Locka & North Miami
These are some of the things we need…
If any of these things are cluttering up your life, PLEASE DONATE!
UPG is a 501c3 Non-Profit, so donations are tax-deductible.
Turn your surplus into a tax-deduction… and the ingredients of Urban Paradise!
When UPG started, we didn’t need an office. As we mature, the lack of one is holding us back. We need meeting space, work space, storage space, records space… we need an office.
This is especially important for our Seeds of Paradise / Seeds for Haiti program, which lacks climate controlled storage.
We don’t have funds to rent space, which is where you come in…
an ideal space would be
- Location: near I-95 between downtown and 150th Street…
- at least 150sf (more is better)
- Mini-warehouse with internal office would be perfect
- Trailer parking preferred
- A/C for seed storage
- Kitchen space would be fantastic
Once we have an office, we will need:
- Computers (laptop and desktop)
- Office Furniture: Desk, desk chair, shelving, folding chair
- Classroom Furnishings: 10+ folding or stacking chairs
- Kitchen Items: pots, pans, spatulas, spoons, plates, cutlery, spices…
- Carpeting (The Amelia Mountain Bikers need it. Contact info coming soon.)
Your surplus can be as good as Cash!
Item Condition: serviceable items are appreciated! Cosmetic condition is not as important.
- MOWERS: Riding Mower, Push Mower, String Trimmer: UPG has 2.5 acres, and we will have to MOW it!
- Irrigation supplies: impact sprinklers, pvc tube, drip irrigation, valves, timers, etc.
- Fencing: Posts, Gates, Fabric (1000′ of 6′ or 8′)
- Electrical (Outdoor): heavy wire, junction boxes, weather-heads
- Electrical contractor willing to donate services
- Small Flower Pots – Plastic – 3″-4″ & Trays for small flower pots
- Heirloom Veggie Seeds
- Fruit Trees
- Bananas, Plantains, Malanga – Rootstocks
- Shipping Containers (serviceable condition with no leaks, 20′ preferred but 40′ is OK)
- Mobile Office Space (like a construction trailer)
- Composting Toilet
The current truck won’t last forever, so we need to be prepared.
We need a dependable Pickup, SUV or Van.
We don’t care what your truck looks like! Gasoline (keep the truck rolling)
- Mechanic Services (we can provide parts if you provide labor)
- Donated Truck Ideal: Dodge 2500 or 3500 (for conversion to Biodiesel)
- Bobcat or Mini-Excavator for both site prep and turning compost (large one with tracks, A/C, augur & bucket preferred, but anything would be great)
- Tractor to turn compost (we will need to compost a lot! )
- Heavy Utility Trailer for Bobcat (so we can use it at multiple sites
UPG is 100% Volunteer! Help us by giving your time… and you will change the world!
- Committees: Join one of our Committees and make a big impact. Policy, Fundraising, Seeds, Agriculture…
- Volunteer Staff are key! Interns, Team Leaders and Staffers walk the walk, and transform new Volunteers into high-impact workers
- Volunteers are welcome – see our Calendar for when & where, and Volunteering for more info
- Professional Services (electrical, plumbing/irrigation, fencing, construction, legal, accounting, and other service. Contact us!)
- Mentoring of Interns
There are things that sweat won’t pay for.
- Funding for operations
- Funding for programs
- Form a Donor Group with friends, and see how far your funding can go!
- If you and some friends would like to make Paradise Possible, please contact us to explore the options!
THANKS FOR READING & HELPING!
Sam Van Leer
President & Founder
State of Florida
URBAN PARADISE GUILD, INCORPORATED
(This text is required by Florida law.)
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.